Site Theme & Credits
After experimenting with a variety of design themes for my site, I finally settled on paying homage to one of my favorite films: "Delicatessen" (1991), which was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (who later directed Amélie and several other films, including the 2009 film Micmacs) and Marc Caro. Scroll down for links to information about this amazing film and its directors.
A post-apocalyptic future becomes the setting for pitch black humor in this visually intricate French comedy. The action takes place within a single apartment complex, which is owned by the same man that operates the downstairs butcher shop. It's a particularly popular place to live, thanks to the butcher's uncanny ability to find excellent cuts of meat despite the horrible living conditions outside. The newest building superintendent, a former circus clown, thinks he has found an ideal living situation. All that changes, however, when he discovers the true source of the butcher's meat, and that he may be the next main course. This dark tale is played out in a brilliantly designed, glorious surreal alternate world reminiscent of the works of director Terry Gilliam, who co-presented the film's American release. Like Gilliam, co-directors Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro hail from an animation background, and have a fondness for extravagant visuals, absurdist plot twists, and a sense of humor that combines sharp satire with broad slapstick and gross-out imagery. This mixture may displease the weak of stomach, but those attuned to the film's sensibility will be delighted by the obvious technical virtuosity and wicked sense of humor. – Judd Blaise, All Movie Guide
- Delicatessen IMDB Entry »
- Delicatessen Wikipedia Entry »
- Jean-Pierre Jeunet Wikipedia Entry »
- Marc Caro Wikipedia Entry »
- This site's design theme is an homage to one of my favorite films: Delicatessen, directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro. Please visit the Site Theme section above for more information.
- Thanks to the developers of Drupal, the CMS that powers this site.
- Thanks to all the Drupal Module developers that have contributed their work to the Drupal User Community.
- Thanks to Klaas, the creator of Deco, the open source theme that my site is based on. Also, thanks to Addison who helped Klass.
- Thanks to Waldo, creator of Filmmaker.com, who has patiently helped me with Drupal and MAMP.
Learn Avid Media Composer - Avid Media Composer Training - Avid Media Composer Education - Avid Certified Instructor - Los Angeles - Burbank - Hollywood - Avid Tips - Avid Tricks - Avid Tips and Tricks - Avid Shortcuts - Learn Avid - Avid Training - Avid Education - Ben - Hershleder - Ben Hershleder - Benjamin - Benjamin Hershleder - Herschleder - Hershleader - Hirschleader - Hirschleder - Hirshleder - VIdeo Symphony - Moviola - Institute of Post Production - Hollywood Studios - Education Center - AAEC - AATP - Training Partner